Monday, January 3, 2011

A notification from the Lord

1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxieties on Him, for He cares about you.

I am a facebooker and friends in Toastmasters even jestfully called me the facebook queen. It does not matter because the joke was confined in our toastmasters meeting venue and sometimes in our comments or post or status.

While I was reading the post of my facebook friend, a chat message just popped up and said “how are you today?”. Oh, it came from Dan of Spokane, WA., a church mate, school mate, a special friend and we have not seen each other for more than 40 years. He is now a member of Faith Bible Church, Volunteer on International Students, Spokane, Washington - meeting practical needs of Bhutanese refugees--furniture, driving lessons and other needs.

We talked for a while until he said “ how is life?” and “how is your family?” Out of the blues I just told him I have a little problem with my two (2) daughters because they are not in speaking terms lately. Both are competing for my love and attention. Being a mother I always love them with no point of comparison.

I poured out my emotion to him, how I felt and that I was in pain for what was going on in my life. Then he said, just remember 1 Peter 5:7 and we prayed online and I ended up saying thanks Dan for being with me and for praying for me and my family thru chat window.

After our chat, I felt my spirit lifted and I immediately opened my bible and checked on the verse. Oh, it simply says “1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxieties on Him, for He cares about you.”

The following day I posted the verse as my status, just to let my friend Dan know that I really checked on the verse he mentioned. And it was also my way of sharing to others a verse that lifted my spirit.

Praise the Almighty Father for He answered my prayers. I lifted my anxieties to Him and now my two (2) daughters are in speaking terms and we celebrated our Christmas Eve and New Year's eve together as a family.

I have learned a lesson in life, that if we feel that we can't take our problems anymore, let us all look up in prayers. Let us cast all our anxieties to the Lord and everything will be fine in God's grace and time.

If our friends are just a phone call or text away to help us in times of troubles, the Lord God is just a prayer away and He will listen to our needs and the rest will follow.


Heart to heart,

MHARGZ

No comments:

Post a Comment